Project Name: Rolling Thunder – I’m not a Vietnam Junkie. A friend mentioned it and it stuck.
Objective: To cycle solo from London the Istanbul camping as much as possible by Christmas 09
- To write some sort of journal or blog to document my thoughts and reflections on the trip.
- To understand more about photography by taking more photos
- To pick up some new language skills
- To say yes more times than I say no
- To not just waste my time up the wall drinking and partying
- To be open minded and not give in to pre conceived ideas and opinions
- To stay away from the familiar especially tourist buses, Kodak photo spots and Irish pubs
- In between my 3 way points of Amsterdam, Hamburg and Istanbul, to be completely flexible and adaptable and not tied to any route or landmark and follow my nose
3 Key Phases:
1: London to Amsterdam –Acclimatisation – 175 miles
2: Amsterdam to Hamburg – Figuring out a camping and cycling routine – 550 miles
3: Hamburg to Istanbul – Completing the task 1,400 miles
Stretch Target: Continue from Istanbul to Thailand
PIR Due Date: Old work conditioning forced me to write this.